we will help you to build a dream
Santa Clarita Mold Removal Services
For Expert Mold Remediation, Call American Craftsman Restoration
Mold is extremely difficult to deal with. In damp, humid environments, mold spores grow rapidly, and can quickly infest your home or office. Several types of toxic mold, including the infamous black mold, can pose a serious health hazard. American Craftsman Restoration can help you eradicate mold from your property once and for all. We work with only the best Santa Clarita mold removal technicians, and we have the experience needed to tackle even the most difficult mold infestation. In addition, we also provide emergency restoration services.
To learn more about our mold remediation services in Santa Clarita, Valencia, and Los Angeles, Contact us at (661) 295-5176. We offer free, in-home estimates.
Preventing Mold Growth
We often see mold forming in buildings that are suffering from water damage. Even something as small as an overflowing toilet that saturates your carpet can cause mold growth if not cleaned up correctly. Leaking pipes, damaged roofs, and excess humidity can all contribute to a mold problem. Additionally, if your property has flooded or experienced a severe rainstorm that destroyed the exterior of your house, allowing water in, you will need to work with professionals to repair the damage and dry out your property.
Mold is often found:
- In damaged drywall
- Under sinks, such as bathroom and kitchen sinks
- In water-damaged furniture and soft furnishings
- In basements, attics, and crawlspaces
- In water-logged carpets and other water damaged flooring
- Around plumbing fixtures
Signs I May Have Mold in My Home
It’s important to take mold seriously. If left to it’s own devices it can spread, damage your home and possibly even hurt your health. It’s important to remove the mold as soon as you identify where it is. At American Craftsman Restoration, we have 5 signs to look for in order to avoid this unwanted guest in your home.
- Odd Smell – One of the most common signs that your home has mold is that very recognizable musty or earthy smell that mold produces. This may be the only warning you get letting you know that your home has a problem with mold. Contact our Santa Clarita mold removal team for help inspecting your home.
- Paint Blistering – Have you noticed that the paint on your walls is blistering? Often times when paint blisters, this is due to trapped moisture the paint and mold has started to grow underneath the paint, causing it to blister.
- Water Leaks – If your home has ever experienced a flood or had a water leak, the chance of mold growing where the water was before, is much higher. Mold is able to grow underneath floorboards, behind paint and wallpaper. If you suspect you have mold, check your walls and ceilings for any discoloration or stains, this is usually a good indicator that mold is present. Call our professional Santa Clarita mold removal technicians to help you identify if your home has mold.
- Breathing Issues – If you and your household seem to be short of breath or just are having trouble in general breathing in your home, this is a sign that your home may have mold. Mold spores can become airborne and enter into your lungs, making it more difficult to breathe.
- Severe Allergies at Home – Have you noticed that while in your home, you and your household have severe allergic reactions, but once you’ve left the allergies go away? This a big sign that mold is the culprit to these strong triggered responses. Typical symptoms of mold allergies are, itchy eyes, sneezing and runny nose.
Dealing with mold on your own can be difficult. Often, pinpointing the source of your water damage is challenging, and you are unlikely to remove all of the mold without the help of a professional. When you hire American Craftsman Restoration, we will inspect your property, create a moisture map, and uncover what is causing your mold problem. We will then provide you with a clear remediation plan.
Mold Remediation Services
Dealing with a mold problem is a detailed process. There are many moving parts and many things that must be done. First and foremost, the moisture problem needs to be addressed. We will need to identify the damaged area and repair it if you are dealing with faulty plumbing. If your mold problem started as a result of a flood, we would need to remove the water and dry out the affected area fully. We will then remove the mold, adhering to EPA standards. This usually involves spraying a mold killer over the affected area and then coming back to encapsulate the space to ensure that it does not grow back.
Signs you have a mold problem include:
- A musty or damp odor in your home
- Itchy eyes
- Difficulty breathing
- Cold-like symptoms that persist
- Aggravated throat
Mold problems are serious, and if you suspect that you have mold growth in your home or commercial property, you should contact us immediately. We will send an experienced Santa Clarita mold removal specialist to inspect your property. Make sure to check our reviews!
4 Myths About Mold Removal
1. Mold removal can be very cheap – When it comes to acquiring the proper equipment, insurance and worker’s compensation there isn’t going to be an ultra-cheap option when it comes to mold removal. And if one company is a lot cheaper than the rest, then they’re cutting necessary corners.
2. Mold removal removes all the mold – This is why the process is better described as mold remediation. If there is a Santa Clarita mold removal professional telling you that they’re removing all the mold then they’re simply not telling the truth.
3. Mold won’t come back after removal – There is no mold remediation expert that can assure anybody that mold won’t come back. That is up to how well you ventilate your home and rid yourself of any excess standing water.
4. No DIY mold removal – While our mold removal specialists will always be in to help when you call, there are also instances when you can help yourself. Make sure to wear gloves and a mask to protect yourself and use a disposable brush with over the counter mold cleaner.
We Are Your Trusted Mold Remediation Experts
Since 1986, American Craftsman Restoration has been part of the Santa Clarita community. As a locally owned and operated restoration contractor, we can provide our customers with the personalized services they need. Whether you need mold removal services after a plumbing incident or your property was damaged in a fire and now has mold as a result of water damage from firefighting efforts, we have the skill, expertise, and bandwidth to get the job done. At American Craftsman Restoration, we make our customers’ safety and satisfaction our top priorities.
“American Craftsman has handled three complicated insurance property damage claims for me. They are the BEST company to do business with. They know everything about successfully conducting insurance claims and preparing the proper documentation insurance”
“We used Cindy Reid and Aaron from American Craftsman to set our medical building up for their VIP Priority Facility Agreement. Not only did they walk us through every step of the process and answered our many questions, they were timely, thorough, and h”
“This is the only company I would think to call if my customers or I had any sort of emergency restoration service needs. As a business owner myself, I understand the importance of excellent service. Cindy Reid does an exceptional job taking care of her cli”
“Excellent customer service. It seemed like a disaster at my home to me when we had the claim. Everyone from Nadine to Brian and Frank totally took care of everything and I knew that I had nothing to worry about they stayed on top of the claim and handled”
“They are a phenomenal team that handled everything from my personal property, the necessary drying and the complete rebuilding of the inside of my home! I thank you all so much for making this process as seamless as possible!! Your professionalism and cons”